Are you looking for some quick, easy, and mouth-watering smothered chicken breast recipes? In fact, there are thousands of such recipes available online that you can use to prepare delicious meals. Most of these recipes are easy to prepare and healthy too. Here is some idea on popular chicken breast recipes that you can try and relish with family and friends. So, why not start trying these Smothered Chicken Breast Recipe now?
1. Grilled Smothered Chicken Breast Recipe
All you need to prepare this chicken breast recipe is cooked and drained, some onion, mushrooms, chopped carrots, potatoes, corn, a cup of tomato sauce, cumin, coriander, pepper, and some salt. Mix all these ingredients and pour the mixture into a container. Add your chicken pieces and let them rest for thirty minutes so that the flavors can integrate well. This will make your chicken breast recipes more juicy and delicious. For seasoning, you can use ground cumin, chili powder, and turmeric powder. Then grill the chicken breast.
Despite being called a grilled chicken recipe, there isn’t any cooking involved in preparing this meal; however, you can grill it if you want to make your dish tastier and juicier.
All you need for this recipe are 1 kilo of chicken breasts, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. You can also add other spices or seasonings to your taste.
- Start by removing the unwanted fat from the chicken breasts so that you have lean meat. This is an important step because if there are too many fats in your dish, it will be harder for you to swallow and digest your food, causing several problems in the long run.
- After this process has been done, marinate the chicken breast in salt, black pepper, and olive oil. You can use garlic powder for added flavor but make sure not to put too much because the dish might turn out salty.
- Put all these ingredients into a Ziploc bag or any plastic container with a lid on top, and then put the marinated chicken into the fridge for at least eight hours.
- This allows all the flavors to mix with the chicken breast and makes it taste good. When you’re ready to eat, grill your meat on a pan or griller till it turns brown in color before serving it with rice or any side dish of your choice.
- Remember not to overcook your grilled chicken breast because then it might turn out dry and lose its flavor.
2. Stew Smothered Chicken Breast Recipe
Another recipe that you may like to try is a delicious stew with chicken breast. Cut your chicken into thin slices for this Smothered Chicken Breast Recipe and mince them in the food processor. In a separate bowl, you can add some vegetable chunks like red onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Put all these ingredients in one big bowl and mix until the ingredients are blended well. Make meatballs and add in the gravy to prepare the stew.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (can substitute with 1 tsp butter)
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 6 oz white cooking wine
- 6 oz rice wine
- 6 oz water
- 5 carrots (peeled and chopped into medium chunks)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped into medium-size chunks)
- 4 cloves garlic (pressed, crushed or minced)
- 2 to 3 spring onions (sliced in thin rounds; reserve some green parts for garnishing the top of your broth – optional)
- 1 medium rutabaga (peeled and diced into cubes – about 19.2 oz without peels; if unavailable, use extra carrot instead for this recipe),
- 10 baby potatoes 2 bay leaves 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves 8 whole black peppercorns Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a stockpot over high heat until the oil is lightly smoking. Add chicken, making sure not to overcrowd them or else they will “boil” rather than sear. Sear one side for about 4 minutes until it’s nice and brown, then flip the chicken pieces over to do the other side for another 3-4 minutes until that side is brown as well. Transfer seared chicken onto paper towels. You’ll still have some bits of caramelized goodness stuck on your stockpot at this point – that’s good! That’s where all that “delicious f flavor deg ” comes from! Nowlaze your pot by adding wine (or water if wine is not available), rice wine, water, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme to the pot.
2. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat while scraping up all bits stuck onto your stockpot with a wooden spoon or spatula. Once boiling, add the chicken back into the pot with celery chunks and rutabaga (or baby potatoes). Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover your pot using aluminum foil, pressing it against the surface of your stew’s top liquid to create an airtight seal that will prevent any vapor from escaping. Let this simmer for about 30 minutes without removing the lid until you see steam coming out between the edge of your lid and pot handle – this means your chicken is now fully cooked.
3. Meanwhile, cut your carrots into small chunks and slice your green onions in rounds – throw both of these into a food processor to create carrot slivers and green onion strips, respectively. Cut up the extra part of your spring onions you saved from earlier if you plan on using them to garnish the top of your stew before serving or save them for later use. You can also reserve some thyme leaves as a garnishing option as well!
4. When chicken is done cooking, take 2 forks and break it down by running it down the length of the chicken so that it will be easier to eat when served with a spoonful of rice or mashed potatoes!
5. Season broth with salt, black pepper (or soy sauce if you must), and taste for seasoning. The broth should be slightly saltier than what you’d normally eat because it will be diluted once all the chicken and vegetables are added, but it should still retain that nice, umami flavor. Bring heat to be high so that broth begins to boil again. Add in carrot slivers, green onion strips, and rutabaga cubes (or baby potatoes). Keep boiling for another 5 minutes or so until carrots and potatoes begin to soften up a bit. Serve hot with sliced green onions as garnishing options on top of your stew!
3. Spinach Puree & Chicken Breast
For another delicious chicken breast recipe, you can try a spinach puree. All you have to do is to add the chopped spinach and a cup of water. Bring this mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 20 minutes so that the spinach cooks thoroughly. Once the spinach is soft, you can then puree the vegetable with a food processor. Add the spices of your choice to the puree and cook chicken breast in it.
- 1 whole skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup of baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup sweet potato puree
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Separate your spinach leaves from their stalks but leave them whole – don’t try to chop them as they’ll turn into mush during cooking; otherwise! Place your dry chicken breast on top of a double layer of greaseproof paper on your chopping board. Using a rolling pin or heavy bottle, bash the chicken breast until it is 1/2 inch thick all over. Don’t worry about being too gentle with it – nobody’s watching!
- Season your chicken breast to taste with salt and pepper, then place the baby spinach leaves on top of one side, covering it completely. Then spread your sweet potato puree evenly over the other half of the chicken breast so that it covers everything completely out to the edges.
- Fold one half of your chicken breast over the other so that you have a smooth rectangular package containing your spinach & sweet potato mixture. Lift this package by its two ends, which should be folded inwards towards each other, and place it face down (like a book) in your deep baking dish.
- Once you’ve placed your ‘book’ in the dish, slide it into your preheated oven on full heat for 20-25 minutes or until done. Please make sure you check that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F before taking it out! If you don’t have an oven thermometer, cut off an inch-wide strip from one of the long sides of the package and use this to test whether it’s cooked or not.
4. Smothered Chicken Breast Recipe With Rice
If you like to eat ethnic food, then you might also like to try Mexican chicken rice. Cook your rice according to the package directions. Then, add chicken and bamboo shoots to your rice. Cover the container and let it stand for five minutes so that the chicken meat becomes tender. When the rice is ready, you can serve it hot with the seasonings of your choice.
This recipe is perfect for when you want to make a dish in one pan. Many children love it because of its mild taste and lack of green vegetables, which can be hard for kids to eat. It’s also very nutritious since the chicken provides protein, and rice and beans are excellent sources of carbohydrates – meaning your child will get lots of energy from this meal! If your child doesn’t like chicken thighs or leg meat, feel free to substitute it with any cut of chicken you would normally use (breast meat, drumsticks). It’s deliciously served over brown rice instead of white rice.
1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs/legs – 1 tablespoon olive oil – ½ medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup) – ½ red bell pepper, diced (about ½ cup) – ½ green bell pepper, diced (about ½ cup) – 3 cloves garlic, minced – 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour – 1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies or regular petite diced tomatoes with juice – ¾ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth/stock – 2 cups instant white rice
1. Rinse the chicken in cool water and pat dry. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Saute onion, peppers, and garlic for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add in flour and constantly stir for about 1 minute.
3. Stir in tomatoes, broth, rice, and chicken thighs to the pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 30 minutes or until rice is tender. If there is excess liquid at the end of cooking time, turn off the stovetop and let sit covered for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings (This recipe can be easily halved if you’re making it for your family of two!)
5. Chinese Style Smothered Chicken Breast Recipe
If you want to cook a traditional Chinese recipe, you can add beef, pork, or chicken to your Crockpot. You can add onions, ginger, sesame oil, and a bit of salt to the mix. Just cover the lid and cook the ingredients on low for about 6 hours. When the mixture is done, you can puree it with a blender or a food processor.
The Chinese-style chicken is quite popular in many homes. Making it requires very few ingredients and is easy enough that even kids can do it. The dish has a special aroma which makes you want to eat more of it. It tastes really good with all kinds of rice types – Thai, Japanese, or Indian, especially if they are flavored with cardamom, cinnamon, or nutmeg.
This recipe combines the most powerful aromatic spices, which, when blended, create an appetizing meal no matter how exotic your main ingredient may be (in China, people like to enjoy their spicy fried chicken with vegan tofu).
- 1 whole chicken cut into small pieces; 1/3 cup coconut oil; 1 tablespoon black; 2 tablespoons cardamom; 1 tablespoon cinnamon; 2 teaspoons nutmeg;
- 1. Wash and dry the chicken pieces well with paper towels;
- 2. Please place them in a bowl and marinate them with salt (optional) and all spices (black, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon);
- 3. Heat oil in a frying pan to high heat;
- 4. Fry chicken pieces for 5 minutes or until golden brown;
- 5. Add water to cover all pieces, then bring it to boil;
- 6. Reduce heat and simmer covered for about 20-30 minutes until done (depending on your taste: some people like their fried chicken crispier than others).
- 7. Serve hot!
6. Thai Smothered Chicken Breast Recipe
If you are looking for a creamy and flavorful vegetable dish, you can try a creamy Thai chicken pho. All you have to do for this chicken breast recipe is combine softened cream cheese, chicken stock, crushed peanuts, and chopped scallions. Add celery and carrot to the mix and stir. Cover the lid and let this simmer on low for about twenty minutes.
– 1½ tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
– 2 teaspoons sugar
– 6 cloves garlic, minced (about 6 teaspoons)
– 2 fresh red or green Thai chiles, stemmed, seeded if desired, and minced
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce (tham yu san in Thai) or light or all-purpose soy sauce, or more to taste (Note for kosher cooks: use either light soy sauce or extra salt.)
Vegetable oil cooking spray or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more for the wok optional]
1 cup sweet basil leaves
The Rest of the Recipe: 1 pound skinless bon chicken thighs cut into large chunks (2-inch)
7. Chicken Breast Appetiser
For appetizers, you can try one of the best chicken pot pie recipes. All you have to do is combine reduced-fat sour cream, chicken broth, cream cheese, a little sugar, bell pepper, and an egg. Mix all the ingredients and boil for about thirty minutes. When it is done, you can serve it with or without vegetables. If you want to get more ideas, you can always check our blogs since tons of delicious chicken pot pie recipes are available.
- 2 tbsp yogurt/curd + 1tbsp mixed with salt and red chili powder below marinade chicken in it. You can also use ginger garlic paste instead of grated ginger+garlic crushed together in mortar pestle & mix with yogurt/curd+spices above. Let marinate for about an hour at room temperature or put in refrigerator overnight till next day’s baking time.
- Then preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a rack on top of the lined baking sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray or rub oil all over the rack.
- Place chicken pieces on prepared rack, baste with 1 tbsp oil all over the chicken(optional step but helps in browning). Then bake for about 15-20 minutes or until browned at least from one side (watch carefully as u might lose your baked result if you do not keep watch).
- Once done, turn the sides now and then so that it gets even browned from all sides evenly & bake further another 10-15 min approx or till chicken is cooked fully inside and outside with juices oozing out.
- In between baking chicken, prepare the cheese sauce as the next step mentioned in the ingredient list to avoid a long gap. Chicken takes a longer time to bake than preparing other ingredients & finally assembling. You can also heat a pan with 1tbsp oil & fry the marinated chicken pieces until golden brown from all sides if u wish rather than baking them, but it will dry up the meat a little less though 🙂
- Cheesed Cream Sauce method: – In a bowl, blend low-fat cheese spread/grated cheese or cheese slices into milk or water according to the consistency you want for your sauce(u can also skip using cornflour here if required)
- – Whisk till smooth & then heat on a medium flame for about 5 minutes, constantly stirring with a spoon or spatula in intervals. If required, sprinkle some cornflour/cornstarch to thicken the sauce slightly & cook further another 1-2 minutes or more till it becomes slightly thickened up.
- – Then turn off the stove. Keep aside covered.
- Method of assembling: – Take baked chicken pieces out of the oven/or keep them aside until they cool down to touch after baking if cooked separately rather than baked just before assembling & finally adding to the cheesed cream sauce below.
- – Now, line a deep dish/large bowl that can accommodate all chicken pieces at once later as you will be layering them alternately with cheese sauce. (I used my good old bread baking bowl 🙂
- – Layer 1st with chicken pieces, basting some of the baked juices over them. Then pour some cheese sauce/gravy all over.
- Repeat the next layer of chicken pieces coated with little more basted/baked juices and top it again with another layer of cheese sauce. Continue this alternating layering of cheese sauce & layered baked chicken pieces till all have been used up completely, or you have a dish/bowl full as per your choice to use up all ingredients. Don’t forget to sprinkle grated cheese on top as per the requirement, the desired garnishing if needed, and any dried herbs or spices for added flavor & color(optional).
8. Fried Smothered Chicken Breast Recipe
You can also make fried chicken. For this chicken breast recipe, you need to buy boneless, skinless chicken pieces. Bring the chicken to room temperature before you start cooking it. Then, in a saucepan, you should fry the breasts in two tablespoons of low-fat corn oil until they are light brown. Place the chicken in the pan, add a little bit of oil, cover until cooked, and remove.
Okay, let’s get started!
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper into one of the sandwich bags. Close it up, so you don’t spill anything all over your kitchen floor. Don’t worry about getting too much salt or pepper on there; it won’t hurt anything if you do. Now put the bag into the other one to keep everything together. You can use the third one, but I didn’t have any more lying around, so I just doubled them up. It works either way, though.
- Now get out an assembly line sort of thing going with everything you need: wire rack/baking sheet combo in the oven, chicken cut up in a bowl, bag of the flour mixture in one hand, and the milk in the other.
- Take each piece of chicken in your non-floury hand, put it into the second bag with the flour, seal up tightly. You can get all of them done this way pretty easily since you only have to get your hands messy once for all of them. Now give each piece a little wiggle around so that it’s completely covered on all sides by the flour. Now set ’em aside on the wire rack while you do some more.
- Once you’ve got all that done, take each piece out of the bag carefully (so none of the leftover bits fall off) and lay them down onto one of those sheets of wax paper or somesuch that you can find at the bottom of a lot of grocery bags. Put them on their skin side up, making sure none of them are touching each other.
- Now stick ’em in your pre-heated oven for about twenty minutes or until they look tasty! While they’re cooking, feel free to make some mashed potatoes (or baked if you want ’em healthier) and green beans or something like that. You might also want to make an extra chicken since it’s only four pieces per person instead of five.
- After twenty minutes, take out the chicken and lay each piece down onto another sheet of wax paper/grocery bag stuff when your timer goes off. Make sure none of them are touching each other, but it’s okay if they’re touching the wax paper! Put them all down on there like that and then back into your oven for another ten minutes.
- While you’re waiting for them to cook, prepare whatever sides you want (I’d recommend some French fries) and make sure you’ve still got enough time left over so that everything is finished cooking at roughly the same time. It is all on a really nice plate or bowl with a doily underneath if you want to be fancy. I didn’t have any of those things available, so I just used my school tray, but I’m pretty sure my teacher was thinking about failing me anyway since I never stop talking in class.
- When your timer goes off again after ten minutes, take them out and put them onto one last sheet of wax paper/grocery bag junk. If any of the pieces are smaller than the others, those are closest to you for when your family or friends or whoever comes over. Now stick that into your oven again (different spot in it this time) for another ten minutes!
9. Chicken Breast With Pasta
Another delicious chicken meal you prepare is with the macaroni and cheese pasta salad. This recipe uses a spiralizer to cut the pasta into noodles. You can season your pasta with Italian herbs, olive oil, chopped onion, and pepper. Finally, add chopped broccoli, and you are all set – for a complete and delicious meal!
Now it’s time to add various delicious Smothered Chicken Breast Recipes to your food menu. You can try all one after another. Serve your family and friends with a new chicken breast recipe and see them drool over the food.
– 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – 2 cups pasta sauce (any kind)
– 1 package of your favorite pasta
1. Over medium-high heat, cook the pasta in a large pot until done. Drain the water and put the pasta back into the same pot.
2. In a medium to a large skillet, cook the chicken over medium heat until done and no longer pink. Chop or slice up the chicken and put it into your pasta pot.
3. Add the pasta sauce to the pot with all of its juices and mix well to cover everything in sauce—heat for another couple of minutes. Serve and enjoy!