Food recipes for lunch are one of the most important meals you can add to your diet. The average person usually has breakfast quite easily, so lunch is a vital meal and nutrition routine to fill that time gap between your meals. There are many healthy ways to enjoy tasty, nutritious recipes for lunch without adding extra calories. It’s always easy to find delicious, healthy lunch recipes. You have a wide variety of options that are quick and easy to make. While some are long and involve preparations that require skill and time. Your choice depends upon what you want to accomplish with the end result. If you want a quick, easy option, consider making salads, wraps, pizzas, pasta, and burgers are ideal options. These are all quick and easy to prepare and they all have different benefits.
Why Should You Choose Healthy Recipes For Lunch?
One benefit is that they are good for your overall body. With fast food and prepackaged items, you get fewer nutrients in your meal than you would from eating an entire meal of raw produce and fruits. If you are looking for a healthy alternative to these choices, make sure to look at salads, wraps, pizza,pasta, and pizzas made of healthy ingredients. The healthy and tasty ingredients mean you can still have your cake and eat it too.
Further, having healthy easy lunch at work or school is sometimes hard for students and working professionals. However, there are easy ways around this issue. First, make sure you pack a healthy snack for lunch every day. Even if you have a vending machine right next to your desk, students won’t go there when they don’t like the options.
Anyway, whether you have access to a vending machine or not, simply making healthy food for lunch from homes such as fruits and a bagel is an ideal choice for an easy, healthy snack. You can also buy ready-to-eat healthy snack foods that are easy to prepare and pack for lunch that will be enjoyed throughout the day.
Sources Of Healthy Meal
Fruits and veggies are your most important source of nutrients. Many of the popular and delicious lunch options on the market are fruit and vegetable-based. You have plenty of recipes worth repeating, from soup to sandwiches, salad, and even stews. All of these recipes for lunch are healthy and tasty and will fill you up and keep you satisfied for a long period of time.
If you are more concerned about having a selection and variety of foods to choose from each day, consider buying a deli lunch box. Deli boxes offer a wide variety of healthy options for lunch each day. They are easy to make, healthy, and convenient. Just add some meat, vegetables, some cheese, and you’re done!
Healthy Snack Recipes For Lunch
You don’t have to spend a lot of money in order to have easy-to-make, delicious food recipes for snacks. In fact, it is possible to make healthy and tasty food recipes for lunch at home from your own kitchen. It might seem complicated, but it doesn’t have to be. There are many easy-to-follow healthy easy lunch recipes that you can find in cookbooks, magazines, and on the Internet. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors and ingredients. Once you get comfortable with a few easy healthy lunch ideas, you can move on to making more difficult ones too. Here are some great recipes for an easy meal at home.
Mermaid Veggie Bowl
If you are looking for meal prep lunch ideas, the Mermaid veggie bowl is stuff out of your dreams. It is easy to make and the bowl is a healthy meal prep lunch for you. The veggie sushi bowl is Instagram-worthy and just like a poke bowl, it is easily customizable.
- The condiments you need are 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame bowl, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of honey, and pickled ginger.
- For the vegetables, grab one tablespoon each of chopped mango or papaya, grated carrot, grated or sauerkraut purple cabbage, sprouts, sliced cucumber, and thinly sliced watermelon radish.
- For your carbohydrates and proteins, you need a cup of warm cooked rice and one-fourth cup of seasoned tofu neatly chopped. Whisk all the condiments for healthy easy lunch and pour them over the warm rice.
- Stir sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and honey with the rice. To plate the veggie bowl, place rice at the bottom of your bowl first and top the vegetables and tofu like a rainbow.
- Garnish with seaweed tomato or furikake for the final presentation. This recipe can only serve one so to make a great healthy lunch for your whole family, increase the portion of ingredients.
2. Double Grilled Cheese
Double grilled cheese is one of the easy lunch ideas for work and it is the ultimate comfort food. Among the easy lunch recipes, this crispy and cheesy masterpiece reigns supreme. To make this great lunch recipe, you need two tablespoons of divided butter, 2 slices of white bread, and half a cup of extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese. Make sure that you are only using airy and nutritionally significant bread for this great healthy lunch. A quality non-stick pan over medium to low heat will do the trick.
- To make this easy meal, start melting half tablespoons of butter in the non-stick skillet and place the slices of white bread over the melted butter.
- Next, you need to spread the cup of cheddar cheese on one slice of white bread. Place the other bread on top of the cheese. Make sure that the butter side is up. Again, spread more cheese on top of the sandwich.
- Melt the remaining amount of butter in the pan next to the sandwich.
- Flip the sandwich onto this butter to melt the cheese on top of the sandwich and place all the remaining cheese again on the sandwich.
- Keep cooking for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese looks crispy and caramelized and again flip the sandwich.
- Cook again for 3 to 4 minutes for the remaining cheese to be caramelized. Serve hot with mustard and ketchup.
A plate of grilled cheese contains roughly 564 calories and it is one of the healthy meal prep recipes trending in the world. You can add vegetables or a boiled egg on the side for extra nutrition.
3. Shaved-Egg Avocado Toast
Everyone is eating avocado toast right now. Among the easy crockpot recipes, egg avocado toast is the easiest to make. However, a shaved-egg avocado toast is slightly different than the egg avocado toast everyone seems to love. You can enjoy this meal during breakfast or lunch or even brunch. If you are a millennial, you are going to enjoy this great lunch recipe while sharing pictures on social media. If you think poaching an egg for the regular egg and avocado toast is way too tricky, this is the perfect recipe for you. The ingredients you need for making this delicious dish are as follows.
- 2 boiled eggs; preferably cold so that they are easier to grate.
- 2 slices of toasted bread.
- 1 avocado.
- 1 thinly sliced radish.
- Chilli flakes depending on your spice tolerance.
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped chives.
- Lemon wedges for garnish.
- You need to boil the eggs first. Chill the eggs for 30 minutes and use them straight away.
- Run the hard-boiled eggs through a cheese grater to shave them properly along with toasting your bread.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl in addition to seasoning them with chilly flakes, salt, and pepper.
- To plate your final dish, spread the mashed avocado on the toasted bread and pile it with the egg shavings.
- Place the sliced radish and chives on top and garnish with lemon for one of the best meal prep lunch ideas.
4. Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
Greek Yogurt chicken salad is a classic twist to two very healthy dishes. Chicken salad is usually topped with fatty mayonnaise and you are giving it a healthy twist. For one of the best easy lunch ideas recipes, the ingredients you need are as follows.
- Shredded chicken.
- Green apple.
- Red onion.
- Dried Cranberries.
- First, you need to make the salad dressing using Greek yogurt, honey, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients to make the healthy dressing and move on to the salad next.
- Take an instant cooker and cook the boneless chicken breast and shred it completely.
- Stir the chicken along with the sauce and the rest of the ingredients. Serve it on toasted bread or a tortilla to enjoy these healthy meal prep recipes.
5. Spinach-Artichoke Turkey Panini
A simple turkey panini is one of the healthy easy lunch recipes that are amazing for you. Here, you are kicking it up a notch by adding creamy artichoke and spinach to it. Here is how you can make this easy meal through simple ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Diced onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- 5 cups of spinach
- Half a cup of artichoke hearts.
- Half a cup of Greek Yogurt.
- One-fourth cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- Lemon zest.
- Sea salt
- Half a loaf of ciabatta bread sliced through the middle.
- Sliced turkey.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil on medium and cook onion till they are caramelized.
- Cook garlic and spinach and set them aside.
- Take a bowl and mix the artichoke hearts, greek yogurt, and the seasonings, and later on, mix the spinach and garlic you set aside. Spread the mixture evenly on the ciabatta bread.
- Finally, add the slices of Turkey with the sides of your choice like Roma tomatoes or sliced onions.
- Sandwich the panini and cook it on a grill till the bread is toasted. Your great healthy lunch is ready.
6. Sweet Potato Tostadas
For this great lunch recipe, you need some simple ingredients.
- 3 sweet potatoes cut into chunks.
- Kosher salt.
- Shredded red cabbage.
- Fresh lime juice.
- Chopped pineapple.
- Chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 canned chipotle chile pepper
- half a tablespoon of ground cumin
- Refried black bean
- 8 tostada shells
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Add all the sweet potatoes to a large skillet of water seasoned with salt and bring it to a boil.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes and drain the water. In a small bowl, mix cabbage, lime juice, and salt. In another bowl, toss a cup of pineapple with lime juice and cilantro.
- Take another cup of pineapple and puree it with lime juice, garlic, chipotle, cumin, and water.
- Mix this puree with the sweet potatoes and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the black beans to a saucepan with water and warm it over medium heat.
- For plating, spread the beans over the tostadas and top it with sweet potatoes, pineapple sauce, and cabbage. Drizzle the sour cream for a great healthy lunch.
7. Pear + Blue Cheese Flatbread
One of the classic healthy lunch ideas, this quick and great lunch recipe takes only 20 minutes of your time to be ready. The ingredients required are extremely simple and no-nonsense.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Thinly sliced red onion.
- Blue cheese crumbles.
- Thinly sliced pear.
- Minced rosemary.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- First, you need to preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Take a small skillet and heat the olive oil in a medium to high heat.
- Cook the onion for about 3 to 5 minutes and set it aside.
- Drizzle olive oil on the flatbread and add the blue cheese and red onion on top.
- Place the rosemary along with the pear and neatly bake the flatbread for 10 minutes or till the time the cheese melts properly.
- Drizzle your final dish with honey and serve hot. This is a great healthy lunch for anyone who is on a diet.
8. Chicken Cobb Salad
Chicken cobb salad is the soul food of many people and it is one of the easy lunch recipes that you can find on the web. There are 2 elements to this cobb salad recipe which include the dressing and the salad. The ingredients of the salad dressing are as follows.
- Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of minced shallot
- 60 ml of lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Black pepper
- 160 ml of olive oil
For the salad, you need:
- 500 grams of boneless chicken breast.
- 4 boiled eggs
- Half a pound of cooked bacon
- Torn green lettuce
- Quartered tomatoes
- Quartered radish
- 1 cup of cucumber
- Thinly sliced avocado
- To make the dressing, take a bowl and whisk Dijon mustard, shallots, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper till you can notice emulsification.
- Gradually, add olive oil while whisking and set it aside. Rub the chicken breasts with salt and pepper seasoning along with olive oil.
- Drizzle olive oil over a skillet and heat it. Cook the chicken on the skillet for 3 to 4 minutes and flip it.
- Cover the chicken with a lid for 7 to 10 minutes to allow the chicken to cook through.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes after cooking and then cut into slices.
For the final presentation, cut the eggs and bacon. Arrange the shredded lettuce on a platter and top it with chicken, eggs, bacon, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado to enjoy a great lunch recipe.
9. Keto Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
The keto easy lunch ideas recipes are low in carbohydrates and they are a great way to get a generous serving of fats and protein. This lettuce wrap can easily serve 5 people and you can store it easily for up to 5 days. The ingredients required for this dish are:
- 1 pound of chicken thighs
- Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- Mayonnaise, half a cup
- 10 Romaine lettuce leaves.
- Preheat your oven to 200C or 390F and marinate the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil in a bowl.
- After the oven is preheated, roast the chicken for 20 to 30 minutes.
- After baking, set it aside to cool for around 20 minutes, and then cut the chicken into small dice.
- Toss the diced chicken into a bowl with celery, parsley, mayonnaise, and adjust it with seasoning.
- Scoop one-fourth cup of the chicken salad into each lettuce leaf, wrap it and enjoy one of the favorite easy lunch ideas.
10. Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Lentil Soup
Soups are the easiest healthy lunch recipes to make for a cold winter morning. They are the ultimate comfort food and this soup is perfect if you are on a Mediterranean diet. You do not have to put in a lot of effort while making it. For the lentil soup, you need:
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of diced carrots.
- 1 cup of rinsed green lentils.
- Drained and marinated artichokes
- Half a cup of diced celery.
- Julienned sun-dried tomatoes.
- Oil of sun-dried tomatoes
- Vegetable bouillon paste.
- Fresh oregano
- 1 diced onion.
- 2 cups of julienned escarole
- 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Crusty bread
- Take a cooker and place the chicken stock, carrots, lentils, celery, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes inside it.
- Toss the mixture made up of oil, bouillon paste, oregano, and onion in the cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours till the lentils is tender.
- Finally, add the escarole, lemon zest, and juice and let it cook for 10 more minutes. Your hearty and healthy easy crock pot recipes are ready.
11. BLT Bean Salad
This salad has been one of the healthy easy lunch recipes that have been trending for a while. Even though the ingredients may seem vast, this is one of the great recipes that combines all the nutrition. The ingredients required for this are here.
- 2 slices of whole-wheat bread.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Kosher salt.
- 4 ounces of bacon.
- Fresh basil leaves.
- Fresh parsley leaves.
- Fresh dill.
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Cannelloni beans or any beans of your choice.
- Romaine lettuce.
- Cherry tomatoes
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place the bread, olive oil, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes till the bread is golden brown. While the bread bakes, cook the bacon on high heat on a skillet for 5 minutes and transfer it to a paper plate.
- To make the salad dressing, blend the herbs, mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon, water, salt, and pepper till the dressing is a bright green color.
- Finally, take a bowl and add the beans, lettuce, bread, and bacon. Add the dressing, mix the salad, and serve on a large platter to make a great healthy lunch.
12. Tortellini Caprese Salad
One of the perfect meal prep lunch ideas for summer, this healthy twist on the classic pasta is a delicious treat that can be assembled in 10 minutes. You only need 4 ingredients for these easy lunch ideas for work.
- Assemble cheese tortellini, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and pesto.
- Take a pan and cook the tortelline to just al dente.
- Take the pasta off the pan about a minute less than the cooking time and immediately drain the pasta.
- Let it cool under cold water for a minute. Add the remaining ingredients to a bowl with the pasta and toss to combine. Your great lunch recipe is ready to take to work.
- You can pair the salad with baked chicken, filet mignon, and parmesan chicken.
13. Spicy Taco Salad
Who doesn’t love tacos? In these easy lunch ideas, you are getting a dish that combines the flavor of a taco and the health of a salad. If you are already a person who loves homemade tacos, most of the ingredients will be available in your kitchen. For making this delicious meal, all you need are some basic ingredients.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Taco seasoning
- Two cans of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Kosher salt
- Chopped pickled jalapenos with jalapeno brine.
- Coleslaw mix
- Roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- Chopped tomatoes
- Finely chopped red onion
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the tortilla chips drizzled with oil, taco seasoning, and salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till the color turns golden brown.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a small skillet over medium heat and add taco seasoning to it.
- Cook it for a minute and remove it from the heat. Add the jalapenos and brine along with salt to the mix.
- Take a large serving bowl and toss the beans, coleslaw, cheddar, onions, and tomatoes along with the taco and jalapeno dressing.
- Top this mixture in the tortilla strips. Garnish it with dollops of sour cream according to your preference.
14. Buffalo Chicken Pizza
if you have some leftover chicken and do not know what to do with it, here is one of the healthy meal prep recipes you can toss on your plate. Even if you don’t have leftovers, it is easy to boil and shred some chicken for this delicious pizza recipe. You just need 40 minutes to bake this perfect dish.
- 1 pound pizza dough divided in half
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Hot sauce
- Half a tablespoon of garlic powder
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees and drizzle 2 baking sheets with oil and cornmeal.
- Melt the butter in a microwave and mix hot sauce and garlic powder in it. Pour half of this sauce over the chicken to coat.
- To make the pizza base, shape half of the pizza dough into a ball on a floured surface.
- Gently stretch the dough out by moving your hands along the crust. Transfer this round flat dough to the baking sheet.
- Add the remaining buffalo sauce to the pizza and add the sauced chicken, mozzarella, blue cheese, and red onion.
- Bake the pizza for 15 to 17 minutes or till the crust is golden.
- Drizzle hot sauce and green onions for garnish. Enjoy this delicious pizza for a great healthy lunch.
15. Chicken, Avocado Cream and Quinoa Salad-in-a-Jar
A wholesome salad filled with all the nutrients is just what you need for your lunch. This is a simple recipe that will keep you full for hours. The ingredients required for this dish are:
- 4 cups of red quinoa
- Finely chopped cilantro leaves.
- Thinly sliced scallion.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Kosher salt.
- 1 avocado cut into large chunks.
- Sour cream
- Grated parmesan.
- Lime juice
- Cayenne pepper.
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Fire-roasted corn
- 1 cup of black bean salsa
- Roasted and salted pepitas
- 2 cups of crushed tortilla chips.
- For making the quinoa, put it in a large pan with water and bring it to a boil for 20 to 25 minutes. After it is tender, drain off excess water and stir in cilantro, scallion, oil, and salt.
- For making the avocado cream, blend the avocado and sour cream along with parmesan, lime juice, water, cayenne pepper, and salt. Blend this until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Microwave the corn for a minute.
- To assemble the final dish, take a mason jar and place the quinoa at the bottom.
- To give it a layer, place the corn, chicken, avocado cream, salsa, and pepitas one after the other.
- In a separate container, pack the crushed tortillas and lime wedges to eat during lunch. Transfer the chips and lime juice into the jar and give it a shake to enjoy this delicious salad.
16. Tuna, White Bean, and Olive Flatbread Pitas
If you love your bread, this is definitely one of the healthy meal prep recipes that you can find. This is perfect for those who are following the Mediterranean diet and making this great lunch recipe is incredibly simple. The ingredients required for this delicious feast are as follows.
- One can of strained and rinsed white beans.
- Sun-dried tomatoes.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Granulated garlic.
- Kosher salt.
- One can of strained tuna packed in water or oil.
- One-half cup of chopped black and green olives.
- Roasted and chopped red peppers.
- Crushed red pepper flakes.
- Black pepper.
- 4 pitas.
Blend the bean, 4 sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, water, vinegar, garlic, and salt in a blender until the mixture is smooth. Slice 2 more tomatoes and toss them in a large bowl with tuna, olives, roasted pepper, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Take a skillet and heat it over medium to high heat. Place the pita drizzled with olive oil and slightly toast it for 1 minute. Spread the bean mixture on the pita and top it with the tuna salad. Season the pitas with salt and pepper according to your taste and serve them hot. Your great lin
17. 15-Minute Cheesy Polenta with Chunky Tomato Ragu
One of the easiest crockpot recipes on this list, the cheesy polenta with tomato ragu is in the list of recipes worth repeating. This easy dish can be made with basic ingredients in a short span of time.
- 2 cups of whole milk.
- Kosher salt.
- A pound of Italian sausage with casings removed.
- 1 yellow onion.
- 2 cups of baby carrots.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- Easy-to-cook polenta.
- Unsalted butter.
- Shredded Italian cheese.
- One can of diced tomatoes.
- Crushed red pepper flakes.
- Spring greens.
- Take milk, 3 cups of water, and salt in a saucepan and set it over medium to high heat beside a skillet over medium heat.
- After the skillet is heated, coat it with oil and break the sausage in the skillet with a spoon for 3 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion, carrots, and garlic. Mix olive oil, chopped vegetables, and salt to the sausage pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Whisk the polenta into the milk pan until the mixture is thickened.
- Add butter and cheese with salt and remove it from heat.
- In the sausage pan, add tomatoes and red pepper flakes and stir for 6 to 8 minutes.
- For plating, take a large scoop of polenta and add the ragu on top of it.
- Mix the remaining greens with olive oil and tomato to serve as a salad for a great healthy lunch.
The bottom line is that you have to eat healthy if you want to remain healthy. You have to make the choice to eat healthier. Take the time each day to plan what you are going to eat. If you don’t treat yourself to healthy meals, chances are good that you will end up living an unhealthy life.
When you make your own food recipes for lunch, you can choose whatever you want. Whether you want to have fruit, yogurt, pretzels, nuts, or cheese, you can do that. You can make a simple meal of that or go all out and have a nice huge lunch that includes three-course meal recipes for lunch. Either way, you will be sure to be satisfied.
Remember that healthy snacks come in all shapes, sizes, and varieties. There is something for everyone. If you want healthy recipes for lunch, make it at the right time to eat on time. Always pack some healthy food for lunch so you don’t have to skip lunch. The possibilities are endless!